Policies and Rules Worth Repeating
from the desk of Lisa Earley, Business Office Manager
I would like to mention several major club policies and rules that seem to remain vague from year to year and are worth repeating:
In order to use club privileges, annual membership dues or any outstanding balances must be paid in full prior to opening day, Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend.
Please remember that all payments are due within 30 days from date of invoice. All invoices are over 30 days will incur a 1.5% interest penalty fee added monthly.
An important reminder - please register your family helper with me prior to Opening Day by leaving a message at 397-CLUB (2582). The family helper fee is $100.00
For safety and security, we request that that all members sign in upon arrival at the club entrance.
In addition, all members must sign each guest into our registry book at the front entrance.
The rules of the Woodbridge Club are for the protection and safety of members, their children and guests. The Board of Directors requests that members ensure that their children and guests are aware of the Club Rules and comply with them.
The Woodbridge Club is not responsible for the general supervision of children. Members of the Club who observe repairs needed to the facility or other problems should report problems to the Club Director so that the matter can be speedily remedied. The Director shall be empowered to make emergency decisions regarding the safe use of Club facilities.
Attention to the Woodbridge Club Rules ensures a happy, healthy and safe summer for all Club members and their families.
General Club Rules
1. It is the responsibility of members to ensure their children and guests are aware of and obey all Club rules. Parents are responsible for the safety and behavior of their children and will be held financially responsible for inappropriate behaviors, damage or vandalism caused by their children and/or their guests, regardless of age.
2. The Board reserves the right to terminate a family’s membership due to inappropriate and/or destructive behavior from any member of that family or their guests.
3. The Management may require any member/guest to leave the Club premises if it is believed their behavior is unsafe or impairs the enjoyment of other members/guests.
4. Children under twelve (12) years old are not permitted to be on Club premises unless accompanied by an adult member, authorized babysitter, or they are entering grade 7 in the coming school year.
5. All members shall have emergency notification and liability waiver forms on file at the Club.
6. Parents must complete an emergency notification form for children ages 12-17 before they can be left at the Club without an adult. These will be kept on file in the Director’s Office.
7. Food and beverages shall be consumed in designated areas only. Designated areas are the picnic tables or their close proximity. Adult members, in the picnic area and clubhouse, may, with considerable discretion, use alcoholic beverages. The use of glass or breakable containers at the club is discouraged.
8. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is only permitted in the designated area in front of the clubhouse(parking lot side).
9. The Tot Lot is for children 5 years and younger. No child may be left unsupervised.
10. Use of skateboards, roller blades, or scooters is strictly prohibited on Woodbridge Club property.
11. Membership in the club is not transferable.
12. For security reasons all members, with or without guests, will be required to sign-in upon arrival.
13. These rules may be changed as the situation dictates. All changes will be posted on the Club's Web page and on the bulletin board.
1. Family - A family membership shall consist of up to two adults 21 years of age or older and their children under the age of 25 all of who must reside at the same local address.
2. Couple - A couple membership shall consist of two individuals one of whom must be 21 years of age or older and both residing at the same address.
3. Single - A single membership shall consist of an adult who is 21 years of age or older.
4. The High School Membership is for the high school student who has a special interest in tennis, swimming, or diving instruction or competition.This membership has limited privileges. Applicants must recommended by the club professional. Please contact one of our instructors or the Club Director for more details.
The Board of Directors has authorized a special membership open to current family members only:
the Continuing Teen Membership is a single membership for the child (ages 14-17) of a current member who is the only one in the family using the Club.This membership may be changed back to a family, couple, or regular single adult membership without penalty.
Members who increase from a single or couple to couple or family, respectively, must pay the difference in the initiation fee in force at the time of their change in membership. There will be no refunds in initiation fees for any reason.
Applications for membership shall be made in writing to the Board of Directors, who will act upon the application by vote. A $500 non-refundable deposit MUST accompany the application. Each applicant,upon acceptance to the Club, becomes a member of the Corporation with full rights and responsibilities and shall pay to the Corporation a non-refundable initiation fee, according to membership classification. The $500 application fee will be credited towards this amount. New members will also be required to pay all Club fees for that year.
Leave of Absence Policy
The Board of Directors grants a leave of absence from the date of application through the end of the calendar year. The request shall be submitted to the Club in writing on an official form no later than opening day for the summer season and include a $100.00 fee to sustain the membership. The member will be responsible for any assessment incurred during their leave of absence. Forms may be obtained from the business manager. When requesting a Leave of Absence, you must be a member in good standing; i.e. your account must have no outstanding balances owed the Corporation.
Members of the Corporation must notify the Board of Directors in writing of their intention to resign. Resignations will be accepted when all financial obligations to the Club are paid. Upon resignation the member relinquishes all right and privileges extended to members of the Corporation. Members who are paid in full with three or less years of membership who move more than ten miles farther from the Club than their current residence may arrange for sale of their membership to a new applicant who is required to pay a $200 transfer fee to the club.
1. All monies owed to the Club are payable in full immediately upon receipt of notice unless otherwise directed.
2. Membership accounts more than 60 days in arrears without prior arrangements may result in suspension of membership privileges. Members will receive a written notification two weeks prior to the imposition of any suspensions.
3. No new charges or use of any club facilities will be permitted while membership is under suspension. Reinstatement requires full payment including a $100.00 reinstatement fee.
4. Annual membership fees must be paid in full prior to using any club facilities during the summer season.
5. All bills over 30 days will incur a 1.5% interest penalty charge accrued monthly.
6. Requests for review and correction of billing errors must be made to the business office manager within 30 days of receipt.
A guest is a non-member who uses any facility at the Club including swimming, tennis, picnicking, sunbathing, basketball or other sports games. Local guests (residents within 20 miles of the Club) are limited to 5 visits per season.
A member must accompany all guests. It is the responsibility of members to sign-in their guests at the registration desk each time they visit and to make their guests aware of Club rules. Members are responsible for their guests' conduct and payment of the guest fees.
Family Helper is defined as a live-in nanny, mother's helper, or baby-sitter who either accompanies the parent and the children to the Club or takes the place of the parent as caretaker of the children while at the club. This applies to a grandparent who is taking the place of the parent, nanny or babysitter. The name(s) of the family helper must be on file with the Club. The helper shall not use the Club independently of the member. Independent Helper should at the minimum be of high school age. Eligibility for this is at the discretion of the management.
No member may bring more than 8 guests at one time without prior arrangements with the management.
Management has the authority to define guest status if there is a question concerning charges.
Parents of members will be permitted 3 visits per year at no charge.
Parents of members may attend family picnic area activities after 5:00 PM at no charge.
Adult (17 & over) children/grandchildren of members shall be charged a fee of no more than $5.00 at any time. Limit 5 visits per year. Grandchildren under the age of 17 shall be charged $2.50.
Children (16 + under) $5/Visit
Adults (17 & over) $8/Visit M-F/$10 on weekends with a limit of 5 Visits
Monday thru Thursday $2.50 after 5:00PM - picnic area only
Non-local houseguest $25/week
Family Helper $100 per season
Off season $5.00
Parties: (Summer Season)
A party constitutes a member (or members) hosting 9 or more nonmember guests at a single gathering. Reservations should be made at least 14 days in advance and must be approved by the Business Manager or Club Director. Fees for parties under 20 people are the regular Guest Fees for the day as designated above. There may be additional charges for larger parties based upon the number of people attending and extra staff required. All parties will be held outdoors in the pool, picnic, or patio areas. The Banquet Hall and(or) Lounge cannot be utilized during a party (without additional charge). For scheduling & pricing of parties, please contact the Business Manager. Reservations will be taken on a first come first serve basis.
The pool and pool areas are available for use by pool members and their guests subject to the following rules, which are for the health, safety and maximum enjoyment of the facilities by all, who use them. The Pool Committee has the right to suspend the pool privileges of any adult or child who does not comply with these rules or with the instructions of the Director. The operation of the pool facilities and pool personnel shall be under the complete charge of the Director. He is empowered to enforce club regulations and any others as may be necessary to increase the safety of all whom use the facilities.
1. Swimming is permitted only when the lifeguard is on duty. The instructions and orders of the lifeguards are to be followed immediately and without question.
2. Parents are responsible for the safety and behavior of their children. If needed the lifeguard has the authority to ask a child to leave the pool for a specific amount of time. Children are expected to obey all pool rules. Parents will be notified if there are any major discipline problems.
3. Chairs are on a first come, first serve basis with adults having priority. Chairs may not be reserved. Parents should prevent children from climbing or jumping on the chairs. Care should be taken to avoid getting sun tan oils on the chairs.
4. NO GLASS ON THE POOL DECK, IN THE LOCKER ROOMS, OR ON THE IMMEDIATE GRASSED AREA.
5. No food or eating on the pool deck.
6. The lap-swimming lane is on a first come, first serve basis. Please double up when needed. Additional lap lanes will be added at the discretion of the Director. Children must relinquish a lap lane to an adult upon request.
7. No sitting on, jumping over or otherwise mishandling the lane lines will be permitted.
8. *Any persons known or suspected of having a communicable disease shall not use the pool.
9. *All persons shall bathe with warm water and soap before entering the pool.
10. *Spitting or blowing the nose in the pool is prohibited.
11. *Running, boisterous or rough play (except supervised water sports) is prohibited.
12. Only Coast Guard approved inflation devices will be allowed in the big pool. (This means no tubes, floaties, bubbles, etc.) The use of special equipment, balls or toys shall only be allowed upon special approval of the Director.
13. Only children who are fully toilet-trained will be allowed in the big pool. Members may be held financially responsible for required pool closings and cleanups caused by their children.
Untrained children using the little pool must wear swim diapers or plastic pants.
14. Diving is permitted only from areas of the pool 4 ½ feet or deeper.
15. Starting blocks are to be used for competitive purposes and only by swimmers who have received instruction in their proper use. Starting blocks may not be used during open swim without permission.
16. There is no lifeguard service at the little pool. Supervision of all children in this pool is the responsibility of the parents. Children over 7 years may not use the little pool.
17. Any child is eligible to take the Woodbridge Club swimming test administered only by the Director or his designee. Those children 7-11 who pass the test may swim in the main pool with a parent, babysitter or “designated” adult in the pool area. All children under the age of 6 who pass the swim test MUST have a parent sitting poolside. An adult must accompany in the water, any child who cannot swim or is wearing a Coast Guard approved flotation device.
18. Swimming and diving lessons are available and are to be arranged only through the Director or his assistant. Lessons are not included in membership fees.
19. Any questions, concerns, complaints and/or suggestions concerning the pool or rules shall be made to the Director or in writing to the Pool Committee. All Pool Committee meetings during the season are open to all adult members.
*State Health Department Rules and Regulations
1. The pool will be open from Memorial Day through Labor Day. When school is not in session the pool hours will be approximately from 10 AM to 8 PM. The exact schedule will be announced by May 1.
2. Pool hours may be extended for special events and/or at the discretion of the Director. Pool hours pre and post season will depend on the weather, lifeguard availability and other factors.
3. All members must leave the pool enclosure within 15 minutes after the closing of the pool. Use of any club facilities within the pool enclosure (picnic area, basketball court, playground, etc.) must end at closing time.
4. The Director may close the pool during periods of bad weather or for other reasons as may be determined by the Director.
1. All general rules regarding members and guests apply on the courts.
2. The Tennis Committee/Director/Pro reserves the right to suspend or cancel tennis privileges of any person(s) not complying with the tennis rules.
3. The operation of the tennis courts shall be the responsibility of the Tennis Director.
4. The Pro is responsible to the Tennis Director and Tennis Chairmen and in turn to the tennis committee.
5. The rules of the United States Tennis Association shall govern play.
6. Juniors may play Intra-Club tournaments, but will only be accepted as alternates for tournaments involving outside players (Inter-Clubs & Member-Guest).
7. All players must be in proper tennis attire including smooth soled tennis shoes. Wearing of a shirt is obligatory at all times.
Use of Courts
1. Two classes of players are recognized: adults and juniors (16 and under).
2. Adults will have court preference on weekends and holidays and after 5pm weekdays. Juniors are not permitted to reserve courts on those days, but may use free courts.
3. Juniors may sign up for courts at other times.
4. Individuals are limited to reserve court times-1 hour singles or 2 hours doubles. The only exception are courts 6 and 7 which may be reserved between 5 and 8 PM at 1 hour intervals for either singles or doubles. Reservations may be made at the Pro Shop not more than 24 hours in advance.
5. “Back to Back” reservations are not permitted.
6. The names of all people playing must be on the reservation sheet before starting play.
7. Court reservations not claimed by 10 minutes after the hour will be cancelled.
8. All players are requested to “do the lines” after use and to close the gate upon leaving.
9. After rain, check with the Pro before using clay courts.
10. Please hang up brooms, line sweepers and roll-drys. It will preserve the equipment.
11. Please use trash receptacles placed at each court.
12. Court reservation privileges may be denied to those members who fail to show up for reserved courts, or fail to cancel at least 1 hour before court time.
13. All rules pertaining to Club guests apply to tennis guests. The Pro has the authority to register a guest when a members neglect to do so.
1. Lessons shall be obtained from the Pro or Assistant Pro by appointment.
2. Only tennis members are eligible to receive lessons.
3. Lesson fees are posted at the Pro Shop.
Common Sense Rules
1. For safety reasons only players are allowed on courts during play (i.e. no children are allowed within fenced area.)
2. When all courts are in use players are encouraged to play doubles.
3. Whenever possible, adults playing with inexperienced children or beginners should use courts 4 and 5.
4. The Tennis Pro will decide about the playability of all the courts during and after wet weather.
The Snack Bar will accept charges against a positive balance in your account. No credit will be extended beyond the amount in your account. The Snack Bar Director will post a date in August, from which time forward the Snack Bar will be cash only or the balance of account. You may settle your account at any time with 48 hours notice to the Snack Bar Director. Contact the Club Director if there are issues of concern regarding the snack bar. Children 5 years and under MUST be accompanied by an adult or babysitter to the Snack Bar.