Check the tennis Shack for court hours. Your tennis staff works hard to keep the courts in excellent playing condition. Please help us maintain our courts. Members are responsible for sweeping the HarTru courts after 5:00 pm.
1. Two classes of players are recognized: adults and juniors (16 and under).
2. Adults will have court preference on weekends and holidays and after 5pm weekdays. Juniors are not permitted to reserve courts on those days, but may use free courts.
3. Juniors may sign up for courts at other times.
4. Individuals are limited to reserve court times-1 hour singles or 2 hours doubles. The only exception are courts 6 and 7 which may be reserved between 5 and 8 PM at 1 hour intervals for either singles or doubles. Reservations may be made at the Pro Shop not more than 24 hours in advance.
5. “Back to Back” reservations are not permitted.
6. The names of all people playing must be on the reservation sheet before starting play.
7. Court reservations not claimed by 10 minutes after the hour will be cancelled.
8. All players are requested to “do the lines” after use and to close the gate upon leaving.
9. After rain, check with the Pro before using clay courts.
10. Please hang up brooms, line sweepers and roll-drys. It will preserve the equipment.
11. Please use trash receptacles placed at each court.
12. Court reservation privileges may be denied to those members who fail to show up for reserved courts, or fail to cancel at least 1 hour before court time.
13. All rules pertaining to Club guests apply to tennis guests. The Pro has the authority to register a guest when a members neglect to do so.
Woodbridge Club - Tennis Staff The Woodbridge Club offers a wide range of tennis instructional and competitive programs for adults and children. Information and registration will be available online or at the Tennis Office when finalized. For details on Woodbridge Club Tennis Programs please click on our tennis site links or contact Club Pro Chris Raffone.
Junior Inter Club
Chris Raffone: Director of Tennis Operations And Head Professional
Chris Raffone will be celebrating his 17th season as Head Professional at the Woodbridge Club in 2018. In addition to his duties at the W.C., he is the indoor season Tennis Director and Junior Program Director at Oak Lane Tennis Club. Chris began his tennis career at Hamden High School where he was a two year captain and 4 year varsity letterman. Chris went on to play Division I tennis at Central Connecticut State University where he was team captain and #1 singles player his senior year with the Blue Devils. Chris began his coaching career as the assistant men's tennis coach at Division I Quinnipiac University from 2004-2007. During that time, the Bobcats won 3 Northeast Conference titles and participated in several NCAA Championships where they competed against powerhouses like Stanford, Illinois and Harvard. Chris will be entering his 10th season as head coach of the Amity boys' tennis team. The Spartans won 4 SCC titles and the CIAC Class LL State Championships in 2015. The have a 157-21 record under his leadership. He was named New Haven Register's Coach of the Year in 2007, 2011, and 2015; Amity Coaches Association Coach of the Year in 2011 and Southern Connecticut Conference Division Coach of the Year in 2014. Connecticut High School Coaches Association Coach of the Year in 2018. Chris currently resides in North Haven with his wife, Lauren and sons, Christopher and Nicholas.
Scott Salway: Assistant Professional
Scott Salway graduated from Glastonbury High School in 2003 and was captain of the tennis team. He attended Quinnipiac University, earning a bachelors degree in history and a masters of education in 2007 and 2008 respectively. Scott graduated Cum Laude, and was a member of the history honor society as well. During this time Scott was a 4 year starter of the Men's tennis team. He was either a first or second team all-conference selection all 4 years, served as team captain and also was a two time Academic All-American. Scott has worked at The Woodbridge Club as part of the tennis staff for 5 years. During the school year Scott is a 7th and 8th grade social studies teacher at Twin Valley Middle School in Whitingham, VT. Scott is looking forward to working with the members and enjoying an amazing summer 2018 at the Woodbridge Club. Scott, his wife Danielle and son Griffin are Vermont residents, but come to Connecticut for the summer.